First things first: Metal as Fuck = Respect
You don't deserve respect. You earn it. These guidelines are all about helping you - and everybody else - to have a good time while you're here.
Terms and Conditions
Purpose of these Guidelines
As part of Metal as Fuck's ongoing efforts in making the website a great place to get together with like-minded metalheads from around the world, you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Your commitment to this Code of Conduct in all forums, chat areas, email services, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Community Services"), ensures a positive experience for all our users. By participating in any area of Metal as Fuck, you agree to be bound by this Code.
Metal as Fuck is not responsible for any user-created content on the site, including but not limited to forums, chat areas, email services, and/or other message or communication facilities unless it is expressly stated to the contrary.
The Metal as Fuck Community Services' are general-purpose sites and are designed for use by individuals that are 13 years of age or older.
Section 1: Respecting Everyone
- We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Community Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Community Service. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or excessive profanity. Be courteous to others, even if your opinion differs from theirs.
- Do not make inflammatory remarks in order to provoke others.
- Bumping messages to the top of a forum in order to get them noticed is allowed once only.
- Using all CAPITALS, excessive punctuation, and website URLS in message subjects is forbidden. However, you may use URLs in the message body.
- Using all CAPITALS in a message is considered a breach of forum etiquette. Learn to use your CAPSLOCK key appropriately.
- Post in the appropriate forum. Do not be surprised if you post in the wrong forum and your thread is moved or deleted.
- Have a point. Threads with no point will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
- Use the forums appropriately. Do not use the forums if your messages would be more appropriate in a private message, email, chat, or phone conversation.
- You are allowed to use images in your posts, but be mindful of those people with slow connections. If the images are very large consider using a URL instead. Images may be removed at the moderators' discretion.
- Signatures should not be more than 6 (six) lines of small text. As a general rule your signature should not be bigger than your posts. (eg quote the song, don't use the entire lyrics)
- Personal matters between yourself and another user of Metal as Fuck must remain between yourself and them. Metal as Fuck is NOT the place to air your private grievances.
- Threats of any kind (either implied or explicit) will, at the discretion of the moderators, result in the loss of your forum rights.
- Managers and/or Moderators who manage the Community Services may eject or ban users, as well as edit or remove posts that violate this Code of Conduct.
Section 2: Be Mindful of the Law - and Stay Within it!
- Metal as Fuck does not allow any illegal activities. You cannot use the Community Services to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information.
- Do not post somebody else's private details. These include but are not limited to the following: real name, workplace, phone number, home address, car registration or e-mail address. Doing so will result in an immediate ban.
- Metal as Fuck reserves the right to remove posts discussing and/or promoting illegal activities including but not limited to the possession, procurement and consumption of drugs, criminal activity and other associated issues.
- Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent. Metal as Fuck is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post.
- Do not post any materials (including software and other information) that could harm (or is designed to harm) other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
Section 3: Be Brutal - But NOT To Each Other
- Metal as Fuck does not tolerate disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. The community is a vibrant and positive place. We'd like to keep it that way.
- Metal as Fuck does not allow posting or use of computer programs that contain destructive features such as: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, and other activities that can be disruptive to online communication.
- Community Services may NOT be used to promote views about subliminal messages contained within any other artists' music.
- Falsely impersonating a Metal as Fuck employee, agent, moderator, host, volunteer, forum user, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden. A user account that is likely to mislead others will be banned.
- Metal as Fuck reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for offences relating to disruption of others or for violation of this Code.
Section 4: Respect People In The Music Industry
- Metal as Fuck is privileged to have many good relationships with venue proprietors, artists, managers and promoters. These people are to be treated with respect at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome where appropriate, but disruptive or abusive comments will not be tolerated.
- Promoters and other people in the industry are welcome to answer questions about events on the forums.
Section 5: No Spam - No Selling
- Please don't "spam" through the Community Services. To spam includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different forums, posting one word replies, or posting gimmick replies. These are frequently an attempt to increase your post count. Usually such postings have nothing to do with the particular topic of the group or are of no real interest to those reading the thread. To spam also includes misrepresenting the source of anything you say or post. Spamming is a serious violation of online etiquette.
- The forums are not to be used as advertisements for your events. If you want to let people know about your event then use the Gig Guide section of Metal as Fuck and submit your event there. Remember that by advertising on the forums you are unfairly taking away from promoters who have purchased banner advertisements on Metal as Fuck. Moderators will remove advertising threads.
- Metal as Fuck reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for spamming.
- The Community Services areas may be used to provide supplemental information regarding your own business (provided you do not use spam to provide this information); however, the Community Services areas are not designed to be used as a mechanism for operating your business or providing core information about your business. Any use of the Community Services for commercial purposes is solely at your own risk and Metal as Fuck has no liability for such use.
- Any space provided to you in any Community Service is for your own personal use. You may not sell, license, exchange or barter any space provided to you within any Community Service for any purpose including, without limitation, selling, licensing, exchanging or bartering space for advertisements. This means you may not promote your club night in the forum. If you'd like assistance in promoting your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 6: Don't use your personal profile to promote your business
- This is a publication that, unfortunately, has to make a buck too - otherwise we'll die. Please respect this fact and don't use your profile pages to sell your stuff to the community without paying for advertising: it's disrespectful to us and totally opportunistic.
- Metal as Fuck provides dedicated sponsor packages that will allow you to have a profile from which you can sell your wares. We don't want to lock you out - we want to help you, but we aren't an advertising service for you to use for free.
- You are hereby warned: if you are running a business, and you are selling your wares from this site on contradiction of these guidelines, you will be banned.
Section 7: You Are Responsible
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Community Services. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post. You are responsible for your Metal as Fuck forum account. Your account may not to be shared with another person. Please take care to log out of your Metal as Fuck account if you are accessing Metal as Fuck from a computer in a public place. Each user will be held ultimately accountable for all posts made from their account.
- Metal as Fuck offers our users the ability to create their own Community Services areas (e.g. chats, communities and personal web pages). Metal as Fuck takes no responsibility for the ratings, content, nor any activities resulting from the content or otherwise, in these areas. The creators or hosts of these user-created areas are required to agree to and uphold this Code of Conduct before creating their Community Service.
- The Community Services areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any Community Service such as photos, documents and software. Metal as Fuck is not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials included in any Community Service.
- Metal as Fuck reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created Community Service (or any particular posting) that violates this Code of Conduct.
- Some Community Services may post Internet website links in their area. Please be advised that Metal as Fuck is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with the links you may view.
- Posting overly offensive content (including but not limited to text, images or links to objectionable content) is expressly prohibited. We acknowledge that many people consider material generated by metal bands to be offensive, and so therefore define 'Overly offensive content' as being material of a sexual nature, adult material, gross depictions of disease or injury, or any other content that a reasonable person who is familiar with the metal scene would find objectionable. Remember also that many users visit these forums from their workplace, and that you may be risking a person's job by posting such content.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any Community Service, remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
Section 8: Uphold The Code
- In helping to make the Community Services a great place to meet and chat, you must do your part to uphold this Code of Conduct. It is prohibited to encourage other users to break this Code of Conduct.
- Metal as Fuck reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend access to any Community Service for violations of our Code of Conduct.
- Metal as Fuck also reserves our right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
Section 9: Protect Your Privacy
- We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as tax file numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, driver license numbers) to strangers online, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes. Metal as Fuck will not be liable for any consequences that may arise from the disclosure by you of any such information.
Section 10: Moderators
- The moderators of the forums are there to make the time spent on the forums more enjoyable for the Metal as Fuck community as a whole.
- If you feel that somebody has breached the community guidelines we strongly suggest you use the Report this post to a moderator function. This function sends an email to every moderator of that forum, and alerts us to a breach of this Code of Conduct. Do not create a new thread or reply to the post as you will simply bump the thread to the top of the screen for everyone else to see.
- If a thread is deleted or closed, or a post is removed, and you want to know why this has happened, do not start a new thread questioning the whereabouts of the post/thread. Such threads will be deleted. Simply send an email or private message to the moderators of that forum.
- If you feel a moderator has been unfair in handling an issue, then send an email or private message to our Managing Editor.
- Moderators use a combination of common-sense and these guidelines when making decisions. If you breach these guidelines, expect to lose your forum privileges either temporarily or permanently. These guidelines are in place to make Metal as Fuck a pleasant place to be. If you do not want to abide by the rules you are NOT welcome on the website.